Saturday, May 23, 2009

Book 6

Mandaluyong...sa labas.....

When benevolent thoughts are garnish
Depressing thoughts will then vanish
Uplifting thoughts for us to ponder
Just remember to never surrender.


Some excerpts in Jasmine's journal:

"We had our testimony meeting last April 10,2005. I stood up and testified of how grateful I am to them. I cried. It was my first time to cry in the pulpit. I am very happy with our stay in Quezon City for five years. I enjoyed my youth days. My elementary and high school days."

"Transferring to another place is exciting although its quite sad because I will be leaving the people I have met and have played a special part in my life. Memories are and will always be alive. It will always be a part of my life. I'm grateful for everything that had happened in my life."

"We moved to Mandaluyong City last April 1, 2005. Living in a new place was quite challenging because you strive to build new relationships of trust among friends and neighborhood although living here is exciting."

"One day, I asked my Mom, "why do we have to transfer again?"...Mom replied, "It's because you added life to me". I was touched. From that time on, I never questioned it again. I realized that Mom was having a hard time traveling back and forth from work. In order for her to live long and enjoy life, we have to move closer to her office. We did. And I'm grateful for it."

Jasmine ad
justed herself in their new place pretty well. She attended Institute of Religion classes near her place. She also had her first email address account, jasmine_ctr11@yahoo.co.uk.

Jasmine finally found her new Nursing school. Jose Rizal University. The university was so nice. Jasmine decided to study there. It was a 30-40 minute travel by jeepney from her house. It was not too bad.

Her school was bigger than her previous Alma Mater. She was wearing all white still but it was a skirt and a blouse unlike in her old school, a dress. The school's facilities were pretty new. The professors were kind. All of her classes she took in her previous school were credited for her Nursing program here. It was now her second school for College. The tuition fee was more expensive than her old school. It was a university so there were more students compared to the other school. Not too many malls within the school area.

Jasmine enjoyed her first semester on her sophomore year in her new school. She gained a friend who have helped her adjust herself in the school. Her favorite spot was the library upstairs. She usually read books written by Charles Dickens or Edgar Allan Poe during her free time or even after reviewing for exams. She went to a nearby mall to stroll around. However, it was smaller than the mall she was used to hang around while waiting for her next class. Jasmine felt comfortable after few months of school. She enjoyed taking her general education classes and a major Nursing class. She planned to join Nursing clubs next semester.

Being a sophomore in Nursing was indeed challenging and exciting. Jasmine enjoyed to be a "Rizalian".



No comments:

Post a Comment