Wednesday, May 20, 2009

dEaR dIaRy

Book 3


High school life...

...oh her high school life

Smile is the best gift to everyone
But true love is reserved to only one
Always smile and never frown
'Coz you'll look like an angry clown...

...Most of her journal entries were....I saw him in the lobby... I spilled my juice in front of him at the cafeteria...Will I see him again?........but this lasted for just a month...because Jasmine knew what her heart desires. Her desire is to marry in the temple. In her high school, she was one of the three students who were members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Knowing this fact, Jasmine still continued to befriend others who are not of her faith. Her mom always tell her this wonderful quotation that have helped her understand the whole purpose of a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship.

"Give your smile to everyone....but your heart to only one. Jasmine decided to focus all of her attention to achieve academic excellence because she wanted to graduate first before getting married.

High school is the most memorable stage in Jasmine's life. It was the time where she had been exposed to the reality of life. She had been forever grateful for her parents who have taught her the gospel standards. Jasmine gained more friends as she tried to open up. She ran for the
Student Council of her school twice and won. She mostly joined extemporaneous speaking contest, oration, and debates. She was nervous trying it out but she loved doing it. She also tried her luck in business by selling some handicrafts to her classmates. She also had the opportunity to be a student teacher twice in her junior and senior years.

Most of the teachers Jasmine would not ever forget were: Mrs. Vidanes, her Journalism advisor. She was the one who have helped Jasmine be active with writing editorials and features for their school paper. She was also the one who trained her to compete with district feature writing contests and debates. Mrs. Punzalan was the one who taught Jasmine her right name. Jasmine always wrote "Mary Flor Jasmine" on her papers and all her documents. However, based on her birth certificate, it should be "Maryflor Jasmine". From that time on, Jasmine started writing her name the way it was written in her birth certificate. Mrs. Punzalan explained to her that if she did not correct it, Jasmine might have problems dealing with her name in the future.

Some excerpts in Jasmine's journal entry about other things that had happened in her life were: (as of 2005)

"I am very happy I have finished reading the book of Mormon form cover to cover successfully (2003)"

"I also had my diploma on graduating in my seminary class. I became a speaker about how seminary had helped me in balancing my high school life". (2003-2004)

"I have received my Young Women medallion last October 19,2003. I felt very happy. It was a feeling that I can't explain. (2003)"

"I prepared myself for the interview for my Patriarchal Blessing. A blessing that should not wasted but should be taken cared of. I received my blessing last Jun
e 1, 2003....I had a tear dropped from my eyes as I said "amen". " (2003)


Life is so beautiful. It has full of lessons to learn and memories for Jasmine to keep. Senior year arrived. Jasmine will soon to gradu
ate again. She had her first trip to Laguna, it was not too far from Manila. It was their senior trip before graduation. She gave up her roadshow for that field trip. From that time on, Jasmine promised as written from her journal

"I said to myself from that time on, I know what's the imp
ortance of choices. I will make sure I am going to prioritize my faith, my church more than anything else."

Jasmine gained friends over her high school years. They always hang out together and shared secrets. They even went to go for studio pictures. It lasted till their college years. It was so fun for Jasmine to experience having friends who are not of her faith but accepts her for who she was and what she believes in.
Jasmine tried in her high school years to have some adventure with her oldest sister Kathleya. They decided to be an "extra" in a tv show. They did it twice. Jasmine even decided to not attend school for that reason. It was not a very good decision but it was worth the try.

During the last 5 minutes of their graduation rehearsal, Jasmine suddenly passed out. Good thing, Jayson Miranda, her classmate caught her before she totally fell to the ground. It was so sudden that her classmates did not know what to do. Teachers came to aid to her. It was minutes after that when Jasmine finally woke up. She felt blessed and grateful for the kindness her classmates and teachers have shown to her. From that time on, Jasmine made sure that she had eaten, drank water, and had refrained from too much sun so she would not passed out again.

Jasmine had their recollection day and baccalaureate mass for she studied in a Catholic public high school. She cried as she remembered the great sacrifices her parents have done for her and wanted to do her best to make her parents happy and proud of her.

Finally, graduation had arrived. It was 31st of March 2004, when Jasmine finally received her high school diploma. She aimed to be in the top 10 of her batch and she made it. She graduated with the rank of 5th honorable mention. She was happy for she knew she had done her best. No regrets at all.

Her high school life was compared to a "Bikolana" eating a halo-halo. Jasmine struggled to the coldness of the "ice" of trials and challenges. Sometimes, Jasmine thought of giving up but she had a goal in mind. She wanted to graduate from high school. She continued her journey and then reached the "beans" appreciating the wonderful lessons she had learned from her previous experiences.

Finally, she reached the "sugar" of her labors.....


"It was delicious"....worth the journey......


No comments:

Post a Comment